End-of-Life Ancillary Services
Funded by the Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria (CCCIS) is delivering a range of client-focused support services to individuals with life-limiting illness to be cared at home and provide much-needed support to their family/carers as their loved ones’ lives are approaching the end.
CCCIS End-of-Life Ancillary Service is designed to support individuals who are terminally ill to be cared for at home from Chinese speaking communities across metropolitan Melbourne.
The services do not include direct clinical care and will be delivered mainly by trained volunteers who speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese and who understand our clients’ individual needs.
Currently the services are only available for people living the Eastern and South-Eastern suburbs of metropolitan Melbourne.
Services to be delivered include:
* Free loan of equipment, such as walking frame, folding wheelchair, etc.
* Help in performing day-to-day activities, such as simple meal preparation and/or minor household maintenance
* Social support/Companionship
* Transport to shops/medical appointments (with the carer)
* In-home respite for carers for no more than 3 hours at any one time
* Support groups for individuals with life-limiting illnesses
* Assistance in writing biography/final wishes
* Other supports, including recreational activities and one on one phone support to family members/carers, etc.
How to access the support?
If you or your family member/friend would like to access the support, you could contact
(03) 8373 4828 / 0401 166 701
Email: [email protected]
If you are a health professional wanting to refer someone to us, you could also