End-of-Life Ancillary Services
Funded by the Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria (CCCIS) is delivering a range of client-focused support services to individuals with life-limiting illness to be cared at home and provide much-needed support to their family/carers as their loved ones’ lives are approaching the end.
CCCIS End-of-Life Ancillary Service is designed to support individuals who are terminally ill to be cared for at home from Chinese-speaking communities across metropolitan Melbourne.
The services do not include direct clinical care and will be delivered mainly by trained volunteers who speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese and who understand our clients’ individual needs.
Currently the services are only available for people living the Eastern and South-Eastern suburbs of metropolitan Melbourne.
Services to be delivered include:
* Free loan of equipment, such as walking frame, folding wheelchair, etc.
* Help in performing day-to-day activities, such as simple meal preparation and/or minor household maintenance
* Social support/Companionship
* Transport to shops/medical appointments (with the carer)
* In-home respite for carers for no more than 3 hours at any one time
* Support groups for individuals with life-limiting illnesses
* Assistance in writing biography/final wishes
* Other supports, including recreational activities and one on one phone support to family members/carers, etc.
How to access the support?
If you or your family member/friend would like to access the support, you could contact
(03) 9898 9575 / 8373 4828
Email: [email protected]
If you are a health professional wanting to refer someone to us, you could also
For more information about Palliative Care, you could visit Palliative Care Victoria official website.
Palliative Care Victoria’s publication – Living, Dying, and Grieving Well (in Simplified Chinese) is also available to be accessed online.