Palliative Care & End-of-Life Support Services
Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria (CCCIS) is delivering a range of client-focused support services to individuals with life-limiting illness to be cared for at home and provide much-needed support to their family/carers as their loved ones’ lives are approaching the end. It is designed to support individuals who are terminally ill to be cared for at home from Chinese-speaking communities across metropolitan Melbourne.
The services do not include direct clinical care and will be delivered mainly by trained volunteers who speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese and who understand our client’s individual needs.
The services are only available for people living in the Melbourne metropolitan areas.
Services to be delivered include:
- Free loan of equipment, such as a walking frame, folding wheelchair, etc.
- Social support/Companionship (In-person or online)
- Transport to shops/medical appointments (with the carer)
- In-home respite for carers for no more than 3 hours at any one time
- Support groups for individuals with life-limiting illnesses
- Assistance in writing a life-story/final wishes (Advance Care Planning)
- Other supports, including recreational activities and one on one phone support to family members/carers, etc.
How to access the support?
If you or your family member/friend would like to access the support, you could contact us on
(03) 9898 9575 / 8373 4828
If you are a health professional wanting to refer someone to us, you could also
For more information about Palliative Care, you could visit Palliative Care Victoria official website.
Palliative Care Victoria’s publication – Living, Dying, and Grieving Well (in Simplified Chinese) is also available to be accessed online.
Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria acknowledges the support from the Victorian State Government in enhancing the capacity of our volunteer teams and in developing this project during 2018-2022.